Investors can now find and invest in high-quality Christian companies that share the same values, to use their wealth and experience to make an impact for Christ in the world. LIONS-DEN was created to encourage and build this community of Christian Investors and Entrepreneurs to invest their efforts, talents, and resources for Christ, increasing “Business as Mission” working and living.
Rich Mason – Founder
Rich Mason, has worked over 38 years in technical, business, management, and sales, founding six startup companies, and evaluating many startups in his career. As founder of Alpha Kingdom Capital, the Business as Mission Venture Capital Firm, and as an angel investor and Serial Entrepreneur, Rich Mason has a heart for helping people fulfill their God-given callings in starting Christian-run businesses. His startups participated in several industries, including Communication Services Provider, Smart Buildings, Computer Networking Services, and Alternative Energy.
Rich’s ministry includes founding Alpha World Ministries, which did the original Do You Believe event, chairing the council in the Tarpon Springs church his family and he attended, leading small groups and Bible studies, organizing hurricane relief, among other serving positions.
After starting college in Brooklyn, NY, and then finishing in the Tampa, Florida, area, he and his family felt led to Portland Oregon, Oregon, where they currently divide their time with Tampa Florida. He and his wife of thirty-five years have three grown children.
Tim Abels – Co-Founder
Tim Abels is a serial entrepreneur, technology disruptor, investor, and global ministry leader. His startups include two IPO, third sold to Sprint, initial Microsoft Visual Studio, 5 divisions at Dell, Intel Capital cloud startup in 2021, and international Christian non-profits. Tim was a Principal Engineer at Intel where he was Director of Innovation Lab. He co-chaired Dell patent committee for 7 years and filed over 100 patents. He evaluated over 600 startups for Intel Capital, Austin Ventures, and Dell Ventures, including VMware investment and later acquisitions. Tim earned his master’s degree in computer science from Purdue University.
Tim has a heart for Christian companies operating as BAMs (Business as Mission), where Africa Community Aid microloans has funded over 11,000 startups, while teaching many churches life-giving gospel, disciple making, biblical business and family life skills.
Chris Cavigioli – Board Member
Chris Cavigioli has a passion for defining future technology and delivering it on time. Speaks 5 languages with extensive work and living experiences in Europe and Asia:
- Pioneered third-party software development business models in India
- Established a consolidated applications engineering center in Europe.
- Ran business development for Asia Pacific with extensive travel in China, Taiwan, Korea, etc.
Over 15 years leadership:
- at Intel, Synopsys, Analog Devices, MIPS Technologies, NemeriX, and Linkabit
- in marketing, corporate strategy, multimedia, business development, public speaking
- for data center, networking, wireless application processors, web telecom, 4K UHD, SoCs, GPS, 5G/LTE/GSM, signal processing, RF, DSP, 3D graphics, video, imaging, audio/voice, acoustics, broadcast media, consumer electronics, satellite telecom and type approval FTA/GCF testing.
- across 5G, signal processing & compute architectures, visual computing, SoC design tools, technical training, veteran of Europe & Asia.
- Electrical engineering degree with highest honors; strong interpersonal skills, well networked in multiple markets, business acumen and marcom skills.
Beckie Mason – Director
Beckie Mason has taught English and Journalism for over 25 years, including a year in Japan and Pinellas County public middle school, before homeschooling their own three children, using her degrees in Mass Communications and Secondary English Education.
She is co-founder of the Lighthouse Christian Homeschool Academy which focuses on academic excellence according to God’s world view. She has been a mentor and encourager to multiple homeschool moms, has lead numerous Bible studies and Sunday school classes, and loves hosting Small Groups and other Christian gatherings.
Beckie is the wife of founder Rich Mason. In her free time she enjoys camping, gardening and praying for grandchildren to come!